Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow!!

That's pretty much all I can say right now. Things are moving at a pretty good pace right now. The boys are in school, I'm working alongside Carlo daily, my sister is having her baby sometime today (get er done Dani!!), and I won a $500 scholarship that is going to pay off my first level of classes with Berean!!
Life has been great and God has been greater. One of the highlights of this week for me has been that I killed a spider on Sunday morning. For those of you who don't know me, I am terrified of spiders. If I see one, my world stops. I'm like the mouse who is mesmerized by the snake that's about to eat it. Carlo knows my "there's a spider voice," and usually comes running when he hears it. My problem Sunday? Carlo was in the shower, the spider was chillin' on the kitchen curtain, and Carlo had just preached a sermon on Wed. about being "faithfully fearless." What kind of wife or Christian for that matter would I be if I completely ignored the Word of God and let my fears rule me. It doesn't help that I've been reading Mark Batterson's In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day, and am challenged repeatedly to unlearn fears and fight that lion.
Well, I fought and won on Sunday. What's awesome is that I wasn't afraid to kill the spider. You see, that's my problem. It's not the spider itself I'm afraid of, it's the spider getting on me when I try to kill it, that's my problem. On this particular occasion I was more afraid of breaking the stained glass leaf Tony made for me that was sitting perfectly aligned behind the spider in the window sill. Well, spider dead, leaf okay...Rock on Jaemi!! I did it!

No comments: