Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life

My sister, Danielle, just welcomed a baby girl into the world. I'm stoked, for one reason, this is a miracle child. My sister had cancer back in 2002. She lost a baby right before she was diagnosed, and the possibility of having kids was very slim. Every week of this pregnancy has been a blessing and the culmination has arrived. My niece, Aubree Alaina, is here and is welcomed by parents who love her greatly, grandparents on both sides who are going to spoil her rotten, 2 aunts who probably will as well, uncles who won't know what to do with her, and 7 cousins who will be fascinated by another little one when they get to see her. It has occurred to me that my mom is OLD!! Not really, she's just over the half-century mark, but she does have 8 grand-kids & there's only 5 of us kids. You do the math. We'll have to get everybody home from their parts of the world to have a reunion, not everybody's met everyone else's significant other and their kids. Isn't that something??

No comments: