Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day

A really bad ice storm hit the northeast this weekend. There are some 90,000+ home without power. Here in Clarksville we are expecting an ice storm later tonight. It's already like 28 degrees outside and feels more like 16. I absolutely love winter! I love fires in the fireplace, jeans, boots, sweaters, hats, and all that stuff. It's so cool to look out a window on a winter morning and see everything sparkling like diamonds because of the frost. The crunch under your shoes is great. What I don't like is that the meteorologists have called for snow for like a total of 7 days since Thanksgiving weekend. Have we gotten?? NO, but you can believe we'll be getting the ice. On my way home from substitute teaching the rain drops on my rear window were frozen and the little bit of water left on my windshield after I swiped my wipers over it froze as well.

~I don't like ice. It's dangerous, and people always drive crazy in inclement weather. Carlo and I have a Christmas dinner to go to later. Lord keep us safe as we go.

~I don't want a snow day tomorrow. This is the last week of school & MCC before Christmas. There's a lot to be done. I want to make my 3 days of subbing count.


No comments: