Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ice...Dangit!

We have a stupid ice day. The kids are happy. I'm sure our MCC students are happy at getting to sleep in today and moving closer to their break. I know all the school age people in the city are over-joyed. I'm not! I really wanted clear weather today. I wanted to go to work (hello, money is always nice to make), I hate the inevitable news of accidents and downed power lines and stuff. I also worried about one of our students who is from Florida and has no experience in the ice and snow. He picks up a student who lives up 2 very steep hills and he drives a little Chevy Cobalt. I'm glad now that I don't have that worry, but I was looking forward to today.

I think teenagers are a little crazy and whole lot of stupid (if you are a teenager and you know me, you know I love you, but it doesn't change the way I feel). I'm subbing for the middle/high school class at our church school this week, and I'm telling you, my feelings are being reinforced. Thank You God you did not call Carlo & I to Youth Ministry. Thanks for giving us the burden for discipleship and young adults. Mark Rutland has said the only difference between a high school senior and a college freshman is a 6-week break. This is very true, but at least when our 1st year students act crazy, we can tell them to stop being dumb and grow-up and not worry about a momma who is going to be mad at us. We get to deal with the real world and real world issues...there's nothing better.

No comments: