Thursday, July 24, 2008

It just hit me...

There are only 3 weeks until my boys go to school. Tony will be starting 4th grade (wow I'm getting old) and David, my precious baby, will be starting pre-school. This is wild for me because it's not a half-day thing. David will be spending every Mon.-Fri. 8:30-3:30 at school. He'll have some homework some nights, he'll be going on field trips, making projects, going to music class, the whole shebang! The school our kids attend is great. We've got full & comprehensive Pre-K and Kindergarten programs and I think the curriculum for 1st-12th grades is great as well. What will I do with myself while the kids are at school? Pouring my heart into 5 young people who desire to know God and make Him known. I'll be working full time with my husband with our Master's Commission program. I'm actually excited about it, that is until I realize that I've got to buy 2 sets of uniforms and school supplies for my guys. I'm thankful to my mom who's always been really supportive of the educational stand we've taken with our kids and helps us out with the purchasing of school supplies. We've actually not bought any school supplies for Tony since he's started school and last year my mom bought his uniforms as well!! Do I expect it this year?? Nope. Times and things change and I become dependent on other people to meet my needs and the needs of my family instead of depending on God to supply ALL my needs. Does this mean that I won't accept my mom's help?? HECK NO!! Who am I to rob her of whatever blessing God has in store for her due to her generosity and willingness to give? it's all circular: God blesses us, we give and bless others, God blesses us even more, we give and bless others even more. See how it works??

No comments: