Thursday, August 13, 2009

It Had to Happen Sometime

So we had our first trip to the E.R. because someone was hurt and not sick in the middle of the night. This morning, Tony fell in the kitchen and hurt his knee. It was swollen enough and he was in enough pain, that we took him to the E.R. versus going to his PCP so that X-Rays could be done without making numerous trips across town.

Thankfully the X-Ray showed nothing was broken. The doctor however did think there was something wrong with Tony's knee. As of right now my boy is in the game room with an immobilizer brace on his knee, and he's getting around with the help of crutches. I partially dislocated my knee when I was 11, so I know how he's feeling right now. Again, I'm thankful this is only going to last a few weeks and not longer.

The crazy thing is Tony fell in a really awkward position. Usually when a person's foot slips, it slips forward and the person falls backwards, but Tony's foot slipped back causing him to fall on his knee and then fall backwards with his lower leg trapped underneath him. This caused the sprain in his knee and not a tear.

Tony was a trooper in the E.R. and did a great job answering the doctor's questions clearly and concisely. I couldn't have been prouder, although I would rather have not been in the situation at all. To be honest, if I had to think about a trip to the E.R. for this reason, I would have figured it would be with my little daredevil, David. I'm just so glad that Tony wasn't hurt more than he is and I know that he'll be up and around again in no time. Carlo has been a great nurse/orderly since we've been home. He fixed lunch and has been helping Tony in and out of bed when he's had to go to the restroom and stuff.

Thank you Lord for a good report, a loving and caring husband/father, & a good attitude from the patient!!

No comments: