Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quiet Days

Today has been a day of nothing. Tony had a friend stay over last night, so I made the den my refuge. Carlo filled in for Charlie, our youth pastor, while he was at NFAF in Orlando, so it was the 3 boys and me last night. I figured I could be a much nicer mom if I was as far away as I could get from the noise of three active and rambunctious boys. My theory worked well. I did some school work, watched some Eureka and had a pretty good night. I was shocked at how early the boys were up this morning, but they stayed pretty quiet until everyone was up. I decided to continue with my being a nice mom so I've spent the entire day down in the den. I don't usually do this because our den stays so cold, but I'm telling you that today it was chilly but I had a good day.

What did I do you ask? NOTHING! I spent today doing nothing. No laundry, no nothing. This doesn't mean I don't have laundry to do, it just means I didn't do it today. I've surfed the 'net a bit, played a couple of games on the computer, watched some "What Not to Wear," "Monk," and "Psych." It was awesome. I made sure the kids ate, but they did their own thing and were really good about doing that. There wasn't a lot of tattle-telling or fighting so that made it really nice. I think it was a great way to spend the last Saturday before school starts.

No comments: