Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Baby Boy


Today is our David Elijah's 5th birthday. I never thought I'd see today come, and yet it has come too soon. David is our precious promise from God, and it is wondrous to see him grow up.

We say he is our promise, because he is just that. In March of 2003 we lost twin girls. The doctor told us that it would probably be best that we not try to have anymore kids because we could experience a similar loss with more devastating effects to my body. One month later we were told that we could possibly try again, but we would have to be monitored very closely to ensure that my liver was doing fine. Knowing my husband, I figured the risk would be too great in his mind and started preparing myself to have only one child, our miracle, Tony.

Well, God had different plans. About 3 months after Carlo got home from Iraq I received a word from the Lord. He told me that He was going to give me the desire of my heart and that there would be no pain or heartache, only joy and peace. This was a big deal for me because I knew what the desire of my heart was. About a week later I found out I was pregnant. When I shared this with the woman at our church who had given me the Word, she said to me, "His name is David." How do you argue with that?

After nine months of a hassle-free pregnancy, but nearly 21 hour labor, David Elijah Serrano was born at 6:59am on January 28, 2005. He was beautiful and perfect and dearly loved by so many people. I'll never forget my first words after he was laid on my chest, "Carlo he doesn't look like Tony!" And he doesn't resemble his brother in any other way. He is mischievous, flippant, tender, arrogant, witty, creative, stubborn, and so many other things. The best thing? He's mine!! 'Nuff said.

No comments: