Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Man oh Man!!

It's only Tuesday, but it has already been a crazy week. I had a great time with my boys on a field trip yesterday. We went to a century farm (just meaning that the farm has had one hundred years or more of continual agricultural production) and saw the sights. There was a 40-foot tunnel slide that was a favorite of all the students. I learned that I am definitely not cut out to do the whole, "Let boys be boys. Sometimes they do dangerous things, but they're boys, it's what they do." thing. I was going crazy watching my boys in particular, but all the students try to climb this dirt mound that had them slipping and sliding and in some places had a sheer drop. And of course because they were kids none of them wanted to use the easy path up the hill to go back down the slide.

In an effort to live drama-free, we had a whole lot of it today. In our MCC fashion we were real in the face of everything. We learned somethings today. I think for all of us it was something different. Some learned compassion, we all learned that "If not for the grace of God, there go I." Tomorrow will give us a clearer picture of everything. God, just please give us the wisdom in finishing this out, and the grace to handle it all with Your love and mercy.

No comments: