Friday, June 27, 2008

God Bless America

We got back about 45 min ago from the Patriotic service at Cornerstone Church in Madison. All I can say that it was awesome. There was an incredible mix of music (old & new, secular & and sacred), great dancing, and a thought-provoking word to say the least from Pastor Davis. The fireworks were as awesome as promised. Fun was had by all. David played it up in the 3-story indoor playground in the nursery, Tony was awed by everything, and Carlo and I loved the medleys that were preformed. I can't even begin to think about what next year will hold. If you live in the area and aren't busy tomorrow, you should go to the service. Check my husband's blog to get a definite on the service time tomorrow, but I think it starts as 7.
A man from the church sang a song that he wrote after one of Pastor Davis' messages. The title of the song is "I Get To." Those three words say it all, we don't have to do anything...because of God's grace and mercy, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, and God's divine placement of putting us here in the United States we GET to go to church, read our Bibles, pray, complain, and do just about anything else we please. I for one know that I'm going to start rearranging my thinking and and thanking God for allowing me to do all these things.

No comments: